- Extreme fire danger amid dangerous heatwave
Most Australians are now well-aware that a mass of record-challenging heat will spread across Australia's southern and eastern states during the next six days.
- Heatwave 'just another day' in one of Australia's hottest towns
With a late-spring heatwave set to impact large parts of Australia during the next week, consider yourself lucky you're not working outdoors in one of the hottest little towns in the country.
- Queenslanders to swelter in extreme weekend heatwave with temperatures predicted to hit more than 40C
Queensland is bracing for punishingly hot conditions to hit the state with a heatwave forecast in the coming days.
- BOM's outlook suggests a wet summer. But never rule out fire
Summer is set to be wet, according to the official outlook from the Bureau of Meteorology (BOM).
- Spring ending with a dangerous heatwave
A large pool of extremely hot air is about to sweep across Australia, challenging records and lifting fire danger ratings in a number of states and territories.
- NSW BOM forecast shows heatwave conditions for large areas of the state with temperatures into 40s
The first major heatwave of the season is about to hit New South Wales with temperatures expected to climb into the high-30s and mid-40s over the next few days.