- Severe storms hitting WA
A mass of tropical air is plunging over Western Australia today, causing heavy rain and severe thunderstorms across the state's western and southwestern inland.
- Tropical Cyclone Niran update
Northern Queensland is being spared from the worst impacts of Tropical Cyclone Niran as the system gains strength just a few hundred kilometres from Cairns.
- 54.7 degrees of difference: a summary of summery extremes
Well, that was summer.
- Cyclone Niran forms near Queensland
Tropical Cyclone Niran has developed off the north Queensland coast this morning.
- The La Nina effect: Australia's coolest summer in nine years
La Niña just delivered Australia its wettest summer in four years and the first cooler-than-average summer in nine years based on daytime temperatures.
- Autumn announces itself with Tassie snow, Sydney heat, tropical cyclone near WA
You've got to love this time of year.