- The Hawks and the Giants played AFL in the snow, but was it the first time ever?
The locals came prepared; the visitors did not.
- Waves building after windy night in southeastern Australia
Surf is building along the NSW coast this morning after wild winds lashed parts of southeastern Australia overnight.
- Wild winds and waves to batter southeastern Australia
Damaging winds, blizzards and wild surf will continue to pummel parts of southeastern Australia during the next 24-48 hours.
- Early bushfire season in parts of NSW
Some areas in NSW have started their bushfire season early this year in response to unusually warm and dry weather.
- Gippsland council gives $700 debit cards to help drought-affected farmers and stimulate local economy
Wellington Shire Council in Victoria's Gippsland region will give its eligible farmers pre-loaded $700 debit cards to spend at local businesses.
- Severe weather warning issued for Tasmania as twin cold fronts approach
Severe weather warnings are in place across large parts of Tasmania, as strong winds and heavy rainfall batter the state.