- Jumpers and raincoats needed for Melbourne & Adelaide
Temperatures well below average are forecast for Melbourne and Adelaide over the coming days, with some drizzly rain also adding to the chill factor.
- Heavy rain floods Helensvale caravan park on the Gold Coast, road collapses on Sunshine Coast
A road has partially collapsed on the Sunshine Coast in what the local council believe could have been caused by recent heavy rain.
- French Island fire downgraded as rain hits fire-affected areas across Victoria
Thunderstorms forecast to hit Victoria this afternoon will bring much-needed humidity and rain into fire-affected areas, but there are fears flash flooding and strong winds could topple trees, create landslides and send debris onto roads.
- Flooding rainfall across southeastern QLD and northeastern NSW
Highly populated areas of the Brisbane, Gold Coast and northern Rivers area received flooding rainfall over the last few days.
- Flash flooding on Gold Coast and Brisbane sparks calls for help as storms sweep Queensland
Dangerous storms described as a one-in-100-year event have swept through South-East Queensland overnight and into the morning, dumping heavy rain and causing flash flooding in parts of Brisbane and the Gold Coast.
- WA convoy carrying thousands of donated hay bales heads to NSW to help bushfire-affected farmers
A convoy of almost a dozen trucks stocked with more than 2,000 bales of donated hay and fodder and a raft of supplies like clothes, blankets and nappies is heading from south-west Western Australia to help farmers in fire-ravaged areas of New South Wales.