- Major stimulus package for drought-affected regions set to be approved by Federal Government
Drought-stricken towns will be the target of federal stimulus potentially worth hundreds of millions of dollars under a program designed to support regional communities enduring hardship.
- Bore water find brings 'palpable' relief for drought, fire-ravaged Tenterfield
A town in northern New South Wales that has been battling severe drought and large-scale bushfires has found some reprieve in a new water supply.
- Satellite captures rarely seen atmospheric gravity wave phenomenon off WA's north
Satellite images have captured a usually invisible phenomenon known as atmospheric gravity waves pulsing through clouds off Western Australia's north-west.
- Irrigators donate millions of litres of their own water to communities that have run out of water
A group of southern New South Wales irrigators are willing to give millions of litres of their water to towns and farmers running dry, but they need help to deliver it.
- Rain salesman says his business is attracting investors, but experts say his claims don't stack up
Miles Research chief executive David Miles is building a following in the Victorian grain belt, where a group of farmers have paid for rainfall between May and October.
- Extreme weather red zones: Will you be slugged with higher insurance costs?
#header #endheader It's the lingering stench that stands out in Kym Blackwell's mind when she walks through the rotting remains of her Townsville apartment complex.