- More debris found in search for missing boatie Tony Higgins and his boat Margrel
Debris which police have described as "consistent with items from the missing boat" has been discovered in the search for Tony Higgins and the Margrel.
- Australia's natural disaster preparedness has gaping holes, royal commission told
Australia has gaping holes in its readiness for natural disasters and is "past a tipping point", a royal commission has been told.
- Rain across NSW will boost grain harvest but risk of frost, storms lie ahead
Big crops hang in the balance Ã¢â¬â after some achingly bad drought years and with heavy debts, some New South Wales grain farmers need more rain.
- Wildflowers in outback Queensland deliver a pleasant change after best yearly rainfall in a decade
Stunning wildflowers are blooming across drought-stricken western Queensland after recent much-needed rain.
- Broken Hill man dies after car swept into floodwaters on remote dirt road in far west New South Wales
Police are investigating the death of a Broken Hill man after his car was swept into floodwaters on a remote dirt road in far west New South Wales.
- Days longer than nights in Australia for the next six months
The southern hemisphere's spring equinox will occur tonight, meaning days will be longer than nights in Australia for the next six months.